Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bottom Line

I have been a "stay at home mom" for 25 days now, and I feel like I'm making strides in some areas, and taking huge backward steps in others.  For instance, my house is the tidiest it has been since I can remember (that is an over-used term, but honestly, it's true).  We have de-cluttered every nook and cranny, have started re-modeling, I've stored baby clothes, baby toys, baby books, winter clothes, summer clothes, too-small clothes, rearranged furniture, organized toys, books, clothes, food, dishes, shampoo...

Bottom line:  My house looks awesome.  

Aside from this sort of house-overhaul, is a spiritual overhaul that has been brewing for quite some time now.  I am in the process of learning so much about God and myself as well.  I am learning to organize and collect my spiritual clutter just as I did my house clutter.  I call it a process of learning because it's not something I "learned".  I can't stop myself from learnING more and more.  As soon as I learn something, I want to learn something else--dig deeper.  I can't help but find books to read, open my Bible while I'm sitting around the house, talk to God about every little thing I come across.  I am learning that this really is a relationship I need to work on.  Just like I need to work on my marriage every day, I need to work on my relationship with God every day.  To be honest I'm surprised I haven't drifted completely away from God as little as I've been interacting with Him lately (at least up until this point).  We all know how exciting a new relationship is, and I can't let this slip away.

Bottom line:  My view of God looks awesome.

Of course, life is not all sunshine and rainbows.  In fact Christian life promises to be sort of an uphill battle, that is why the way is narrow.  This is where I run into problems.  Times are tough--in the world, in America, and in this wonderful, de-cluttered, organized, and tidy household.  We are blessed with all we have, and praise God for it, but it is always tough to give Him praise when times are tough.  This is where I struggle, while exceeding my own expectations in other areas.  What's funny is that it all goes back to God.  How do I know what job is right for us, what budget will work for us, what diet to keep for us?  Well, as long as I keep up with God in prayer and study, I don't have to wonder so much about this "little" stuff.  He says not to worry about tomorrow (Matt 6:25-33).  So, what right do I have to do so? 


Bottom line:  I've obviously got a lot to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment