Monday, May 7, 2012

We All Have Faith

Thanks to Netflix online streaming, I have been re-watching all my favorite ABC Family shows I watched years ago.  A quote from Make It or Break It caught my attention today.  When Peyson Keeler and her family are deciding for or against possibly-career-saving back surgery, her mother asks the surgeon how to have the kind of faith it takes to agree to the surgery.  The surgeon says to her something like:  you have plenty of faith...that it won't work. 

That got me thinking--we all have faith, don't we?  We all have faith that things will happen, good or bad.  Some people are afraid of heights, driving, germs, the dark, etc.  They are afraid because they have faith that things will go wrong.  How their lives would be transformed if they would have faith that things will go right!  Some people have complete faith in hell, but zero faith in heaven.  Where does that faith come from?  

Sometimes we need to adjust our focus, don't we?  There is nothing worse than going through life fearing and dreading everything that could be magical.  Next time I see a person afraid or pessimistic I will have to share this insight with them.  Someone try and stop me!  The assurance that comes with faith in God is worth sharing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment