Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Is Christmas No Matter How Small

So I was afraid that Christmas was going to be kind of...small this year.  For one, usually we buy gifts for everyone.  That's my two brothers, their two wives (two total, we're not into polygamy), my parents, my grandmother, and all 6 kids in the bunch (2 per family this year).  So, since we were all so broke last year we adopted the "name draw" this year.  So, all the adults get to buy for one other adult, plus still all 6 kids.  So, it will be a small Christmas in that there are a lot less gifts flying around, maybe a lot more smiles since we won't all be wondering where the utility bill payment will come from, and the kids will all be showered with gifts.  That's befitting though, because they don't understand that Christmas isn't about presents anyway.  We adults understand the real deal, though.  It's all about family, love, and Jesus!  How do we teach our kids the message of Jesus on Christmas, even when their toddlers?

I found some great ideas!  I want to, every year as a tradition, make an advent calendar out of brown lunch bags.  Also, I want to wrap up 24 Christmas books and put under the tree and the kids will open one everyday of December as a "calendar" to Christmas too (LOVE that one).  There are others, but I'm going to save some to share after I've tried them!

No comments:

Post a Comment